Girls Inc. programs feature research-based curricula for girls ages 5 to 18 at our Youth & Family Center and over 50 outreach sites. We put our mission into practice by strengthening the whole girl, by providing year-round, holistic, compensatory, and intentional programming; focusing on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math), healthy relationships, sound body image and teaching girls to use their voice to advocate for themselves and others.
Educating girls with age-appropriate programs that promote:
Health & Nutrition
Healthy Body Image
Prevention of Personal Violence
and Substance Abuse
Challenging girls to explore and be inspired by programming focused on:
Science, Math & Technology
College and Career planning
Empowering girls through programs that teach:
The Girls Inc. Experience
Based on research and affiliate experience these are the six essential elements of the Girls Inc.
- A pro-girl and girls-only environment that is physically, socially and emotionally safe and confirms that girls can succeed and deserve to be taken seriously for the people they are now and the women they will become.
- Trusting, mentoring relationships with adult staff and volunteers trained in an approach that is grounded in a belief in girls’ rights and abilities.
- Holistic, compensatory, and intentional programming focused on girls’ needs which provides exposure to a wide variety of experiences and options that girls might not have experienced otherwise.
- Relevant, field-tested, and research-based curricula that confront the serious needs of girls while building the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to enable girls to be competent, confident individuals and adult women.
- Girl-centered, motivating, deliberate, and interactive activities that develop and promote girls’ strengths.
- Sustained exposure to programming and connection with a girl over time to increase positive outcomes and reduce the potential for negative outcomes.