Preparing for college can be overwhelming. The College Bound program provides information and guidance about entrance requirements, the application process and how to finance a college education.
What is a FAFSA? How do I apply for scholarships? What should I write in my application essay? These are just some of the questions High School girls and their families ask themselves when talking about a college education. The College Bound program exposes participants to a breadth of choices regarding college opportunities while connecting students’ own interests to real-world college majors and careers. Going beyond the application process itself, College Bound mentors help participants know what to expect and how to adjust to university life.
We offer College Bound at ten different sites in Orange County including our Girls Inc. center in Costa Mesa. College Bound at our Girls Inc. center runs from September to March.
Some of the activities, classes and workshops that will be provided include but are not limited to:
- SAT/ACT Preparation
- UC Personal Insight Questions
- Academic Mentors (Ratio 1:12)
- FAFSA Workshops
- College and Career Panels
- College Campus Fieldtrips
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- The Scholarship Lab Sequence
- College Application Guidance
- Career Exploration
- Career Assessment Test
- College Life Series Classes: living with negative roommates, Freshman 15, College Student Budgeting 101, Speaking Up
- How to choose the right college campus for you
For more information regarding College Bound please contact Martha Rangel, College Bound Coordinator, at email@example.com or (714) 597-8615.