- You do not have to provide personal information to visit and enjoy many features of our site. To make a contribution online, purchase products, participate in message boards, or sign up for e-updates or newsletters, we will request personal information from you, such as your name, age, address, e-mail address, and, if visitors are identified to be under 13, a parent’s e-mail address.
- We use the information that you voluntarily provide to fulfill your requests, such as signing you up for e-updates or newsletters or filling your purchase order, and for surveys and user research to improve our site.
- We do not share your personal information with third parties, other than with our agents who provide technical support for our site or help fill your purchase order. If you are under the age of 13 and wish to receive e-updates or newsletters, we will request your name, e-mail address, and your parent’s e-mail address to notify your parent about this.
- We may offer community features for girls at our site through Girls Inc. National, www.girlsinc.org. Entry to our message boards at Girls Inc. National site requires a user name only. Message board postings are screened in advance to prevent disclosure of personally identifiable information. We collect anonymous, aggregate data to improve our site and features.
Information You Provide
Visitors can visit our site without registering or providing personal information, but we do collect personal information to make certain features and options available. We collect personal information when it is voluntarily provided, for instance when registering for e-mail updates, completing our online surveys, making a donation, or purchasing products. In our girls area, we typically require only a first name and e-mail address to respond to a question; that information is then deleted. To process newsletter and update signup requests for children under age 13, we also ask for a parent’s e-mail address. In our adult area, we may ask for first and last name, mailing address, phone number, and an e-mail address; an address and phone number is required to process online orders or donations, and other demographic information is requested to help us understand our visitors’ backgrounds, needs, and interests.
Information Girls Incorporated of Orange County Collects Automatically
Your web browser offers ‘cookies’ which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a web site. Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser and our web sites are viewable even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features of our site will not be available to you.
What We Do With Collected Information
We use the personal information we collect to fulfill your requests. For instance, if you wish to donate to Girls Incorporated of Orange County, we will use the information you provide to send you information, process your donation or purchase order. If you visit www.girlsinc-oc.org or the girls’ site at www.girlsinc.org and register to receive newsletters, we will use the registration information to send the newsletters. We also use collected information to evaluate and administer our service, respond to any problems that may arise, and to gauge user trends to determine what features are of most interest to our visitors.
We may, at times, produce reports containing aggregate information about our users such as demographic, age, and online usage information. This allows us to provide information and features that are most relevant to our users. We do not include personally identifiable information in these reports.
Children’s Privacy – Girls Only Section: Although Girls Incorporated is a non-profit organization and does not operate a commercial website, we pay special attention to protecting the privacy of visitors under age 13. Girls Incorporated uses technical tools (i.e., cookies) to check the age of visitors who sign up for newsletters and updates. We ask visitors who indicate they are under age 13 when signing up for e-mail newsletters or updates to provide the e-mail address of a parent or legal guardian so we can send the parent a notice. Online contact information will be used only to directly respond to the child’s one-time request or, with parental notification, to sign the child up for our e-mail updates. Our community features, if available, are designed to prevent visitors from posting personally identifiable information. Participation requires only a user name, and postings are screened to prevent inclusion of personal information. Girls Incorporated will NOT:
- Collect more information than needed to respond to a question or one-time request from a child under 13, provide parental notic