It’s Not Easy Being a Teen
At Girls Incorporated of Orange County, we believe in starting early and staying committed to girls during their crucial teen years. To keep girls engaged, we create programs at schools and community centers that are interesting and relevant to the challenges they face in growing up successfully. Programs take place both in-school and after-school.
Our teen programs address a variety of topics, including:
- Body image and self-esteem
- Stress and healthy coping mechanisms
- College exploration and readiness
- Career preparation and leadership development
- Economic literacy
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- Alcohol and substance abuse prevention
- Fitness and nutrition
- Healthy sexuality and reproductive health programs (aligned with the California Healthy Youth Act)
- Advocacy and community engagement
- Healthy relationships
Interested in bringing Girls Inc. teen programs to your school or community site? For additional information, please contact Sasha Morales, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 999-2922.